Saturday, June 30, 2012

"The Mouth"

I stayed up all night and painted this monster- except for the final silver highlight.  I was so tired that I couldn't keep my eyes open and decided it was time to actually sleep.  Luckily, my focus stayed with me and I woke to finish this thing.  Yaaaaaaay!

Also, a gaming group I frequent is running an Escalation Hobby League.  Right now, we're all trying to get 750 points built and painted, and play in at least a single game, by the end of July.  I am totally using this as an opportunity to finally dive into my Word Bearers.  Even cooler, the leader of the gaming group is painting up Ultramarines (and they look really good, too!), which is my arch-nemesis.  We may not be able to play, but the hateraid can be served long distance with some paint-off challenge...

Now that I'm done pimpin' this activity, let's check out some models!!!

Word Bearers Chaos Space Marines
Defiler (possessed walker of DOOOOOOOM!)

Here he is, in all his possessed glory...


Notice the mutated, daemonic cannon?  Creativity rules in Chaos...

I decided to rock the golden helmet, as though this machine may have a 'veteran' spirit.

I decided to paint alot of rust-effects on anything that's construction-related.

And there you have it, the Defiler getting some love!

Happy Hobbying!

1 comment: